Sunday 12 October 2008

Cold Nights and colder Hearts

Back in June I spent a very cold drunken and uncomfortable night sleeping on a beach in Ventnor (don't ask, wait for the autobiography) . That's not the point here is the point........

On Tuesday the 14th of October at 7.30 at Pontardawe arts centre you will see the beginning of the Swansea Valley Storytelling circle. A place for storytellers and Bards to gather and tell of their exploits, a place to exchange stories and ideas in a comfortable and friendly setting. Its something that I have thought about for many years but now because of the vision of one Tracy Evans it is about to become a reality. If you have any ideas or wish to contribute to our Oral history then please do not hesitate to come along where and hopefully we can make it a big success.
The nights grow colder and in just over a scant two weeks I will be debuting my new show "Grave tidings" its as I have said before a solo piece so please wish me luck I feel I might need it.
Peter Richards of Fluellen theatre has very kindly asked me to play Banquo in his latest touring production of Macbeth which begins rehearsals on the 20th of this month and runs in the Grand theatre in Swansea and other dates across the country during November please check out Fluellen's website for more details should you require them, I hope its going to be good.
I have not forgotten about the Gethin book which also continues at pace, watch this space for I will ask the Blue Princess to post some extracts as soon as I get a chance to speak to her. As most of you know Technology and I are uneasy bedfellows so I leave all things E in her capable hands.

Until next time.........

Owen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Owen- I think the Swansea Valley Storytelling circle sounds better than a Pontardawe s.c. as it will include the richness of the whole valley's oral tradition- inclusivity has to be a good thing!

I have sent you an email to let you know about tonight- unfortunately wont be able to make it myself. Good luck!

May the full moon bring you 'good tidings'!!