Friday 27 June 2008

The Arty Party

Today I finished a two day stint working on a project called the "Arty Party". The AP was organised by the Community Arts department of Neath/Port Talbot Libraries and was a great Success.
The idea was to get as many kids to try and get involved in as many arts as possible, to which end they had a varied group of artists and performers including myself in a number of rooms at Pontardawe arts centre. Each performer held workshop sessions for Junior aged Kids showing off such diverse skills as Mask Making to storytelling. All in all I did ten 55 minute sessions running over two days which was absolutely exhausting. The kids were all fab really getting into the stories I told and seemingly having a wonderful time. The whole thing was held at the superb facility at Pontardawe arts centre and really was a credit to the borough. I only wish that my tired old body could keep going after such a punishing and demanding Gig. I am absolutely shattered but well enthused and really hoping to get involved in similar projects in the future.
Wow anyway all other projects have been on hold for the last couple of weeks as I have been tied up with preparation for this and the five days I have been on Pobol YCwm in the last few weeks. All together June has probably been the most successful month I have yet had as a performer as the volume of work seems to always be increasing. I only hope the rest of the year will be as manic as the first half.
If not quite as stressful.........

No comments: