Thursday 8 May 2008

Artistic Integrity and other myths

Firstly Good Luck to Billy Lyon's who has an audition for a new Hula Hoops advert in London tomorrow. Billy was worried about it possibly affecting his artistic integrity, I said Don't worry the bar room chair in last Friday's Gethin Performance has already put pay to that.

I had a serious little chat with myself at 4.57 am the other morning, a Big part of me wants to shelve any plans for doing "Grave tidings" this year due to time constraints and the massive amount of stress putting on a show causes, but there is also a part of me that feels that things are just now starting to go well and I should strike while the Iron is hot and really push to get as much stuff out there as I possibly can. What do you think? Should I settle down for a life of relative peace and mediocrity or should I drive myself into an early Grave in pursuit of Fame fortune and the American dream, You decide?

On a lighter note and just to compound my stress it seems that there are forces in this world who are quite keen to know more about John Gethin. There is even a "small"calling for a book based on the story.
What form that book would take I have yet to decide. Would it be a children's book with loads of bright colorful pictures ? or possibly something a little more adult with just a few sketches?, should I aim to get this book out this year or should I bunch it in with some other tales and myths as part of an anthology of sorts, again I just don't know yet know, watch this space...

please let me know what you think?

Anyway I will now leave you to bask in my own indecision .

Take Care

Owen x

2 comments:

save our field said...

Hi, Ownen,
The good news is that in my book, you're the tops.
The bad news is my book is entitled 'World's Greatest Buffoons'

But on a less serious note, good luck with your shameless self promotion - I hope you get all that's coming to you.

Your old pal,
Aeschylus.

save our field said...

Greetings from Blogland!

The odd thing is that I started a blog last week about trying to save the field opposite me...

If yours is as successful as mine then God help you!