Tuesday 6 May 2008

One True Voice

One True Voice?- Didn't they win "Popstars the Rivals" along with "Girls Aloud"?.

Anyway ,this entry is called that because for the first time on this Swanky new Website this is actually me speaking, yes I am trying my hand at this blogging thing and hope to make it regular.
Firstly a massive thank you to Dai and Eleanor Edwards for sorting this site out for me, I am really grateful to you guys and really want to make it work.
If anyone is reading this (I really hope somebody is?) please visit www.giveabrick.com Its a charity that Eleanor Edwards is involved in and if you like the site please please support her by doing as the title says and "Giving a Brick" (Its a metaphorical Brick mind- I tried sending one - The postage was horrendous).
Well as its my first blog so to speak I really aught to get on and tell you what I have been doing etc. Well as you might know I am in the middle of a bit of a drawn out tour of my latest "Welsh Myths" offering called "Gethin" - we performed it on the 25th of April at Pontardawe Arts centre and it seemed to go down really well.
Gethin is playing at the Dylan Thomas theatre in Swansea on the 24th of this Month and then finishes off in Ystradgynlais on Sat the 14th of June. Please get in touch if you want tickets or have any comments about the show as I would love to hear from you.?
As for future plans , I am giving Edinburgh a miss this year as it has been a bit of a hectic time for the last few months so I am trying to give myself a little rest this summer but I am starting work on a show which I hope will be performed around October/November- Its called "Grave Tidings" - so I will let you guess what sort of theme that will have.
Anyway I am not going to write too much for this opening Blog as I am not sure if its going to work , so I don't want to have to do it all again.
I am filming with Pobol Y Cwm this Fri so I will come back and try and be a bit more informative and entertaining after that.

Until then

Owen

2 comments:

Eleanor Edwards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Owen,
Great first post. You have a really good blogging 'voice' and I'm sure it's going to be a big success.

Thanks too for the plug and for giving bricks. You are too kind. I genuinely meant it when I said you only needed to give 1. That's our 'hook' "Give A Brick (just 1!) and then tell your friends!"

Anyway, keep up the good work.
Take care,
El