Wednesday 21 May 2008

The First Blank Page

Staring at a Blank computer screen is really hard, staring at a Blank computer screen when you have little time and a Novel to write is especially hard. As you may have guessed I spent the other night staring at a blank computer screen as I started what is going to be a long journey with the Gethin Novel.
When I say its going to be a long Journey , I Hope its going to be a long journey in a comfy car with good friends, nice music and no traffic jams, and after I got over that initial blank screen that is the way its looking to be.
The nice thing about writing a story is that you don't have to worry about the time constraints and the logistics of staging it, you can have gunfights and explosions without having to worry about Mrs Davies who is 87 sitting in the front row.
The bad thing about writing a story is that it can be a very lonely place populated only by yourself and what comes into your head, where I am lucky is that the cast who performed Gethin did such a good job that they have given me loads of materiel to work with.
Anyway I hope to have it done by the end of the year which seems a long way off but after the simply manic last five months where I have been in fifth gear every day I know it will soon be upon me.
Thanks to all who have contacted me saying that they are enjoying this Blog, a special big Thanks To C for her kind words, I hope to be in touch soon .
Lots of work coming in at the moment as well which is nice, it looks like I will be doing a two day storytelling workshop at the end of June which will take me into July when I will head off to Memphis , but more of that Later.........

Until then

Owen

No comments: