Tuesday 13 May 2008

Grave Tidings

Got some bad news today, it seems that the Dylan Thomas theatre that was due to host Gethin on the 24th of this month has been badly damaged by floods in last Friday's storms. The theatre is totally sodden and the carpets and flooring ruined. My heart goes out to the people at the theatre as they have not long reopened having totally refurbished the front of the theatre.
Anyway the long and the short of it is, they have had to cancel Gethin for next week.
Its really sad but for the safety of the audience they have had to do it.

Bum

Oh well these things happen and we just have to get on with it I suppose?, I hope that anybody reading this who was coming to the show will consider coming up to Ystradgynlais on the 14th of June when we will be performing at the lovely Welfare hall theatre , in the town where John Gethin was born.

Anyway on the plus side I am feeling really positive about doing Grave Tidings for Halloween this year, I have spoken to the Lovely Rachel Louise Howells earlier as I have an Idea for a Poster which if it comes off will be awesome.
For those of you who don't know, Rachel is a friend who has performed in both Vortigern's Kingdom and Gethin. She has a wonderful look about her that makes her just about the perfect Person for playing Fairies /Ghosts and other Ethereal types. The image I have in mind will look wonderful and for the first time I may have to relinquish poster duties, but Rachel is far better looking than I.
On the subject of posters ,all mine are done by the Wonderful Eleanor Flaherty, a good friend who also appears in Gethin. As well as being a fab actress Eleanor is a superb Graphic Designer who has a real eye for images and photography. If you like any of my posters and want to use Eleanor for any idea's of your own then please get in contact.

Oh well the Dylan Thomas show is dead, but we battle on. I have asked the Blue princess to remove it from the homepage so please don't turn up and then shout because we are not there.

Until next time I sit in longing hope of good news......

Owen

No comments: